Sunday, August 13, 2006

My weight loss so far and other junk

When I last posted about my weight loss, I said I was 182. Today, I weighed 177. It's a long, hard road to lose weight, but I'm well on my way. My little mini goal was to weigh 175 by August 18 (my brother's wedding) and I think I just might make it!

As I mentioned in my profile, I work part time as a certified nursing assistant. Well the nursing home where I work has been short staffed all summer, it's insane! Today I worked two hallways by myself (about 30 people). I put them all in bed, fed them, changed them etc, by myself. I did have alittle help from one of the nurses, and some help from a new trainee (who mostly just stood there and watched). Anyway, I was doing really well, even the other staff said they thought I was doing great.

That is until, one of the RN supervisors came in to "help out". She was supposed to help me and I swear it took 20 minutes per person to just change them for the last rounds. Afternoon shift is 3-11 and I didn't get done until 11 and I still had to fill out ALL the paperwork, because the RN wasn't going to do it. UGH!! I finally punched out at a quarter til midnight! I was so mad! I hope that I don't have to work with her again.

I never did mention how Nathan's birthday party went. It was really nice. We had 20 people come. He got alot of new clothes in various sizes (some to wear now, and some for him to grow into), some toys and money. I think everyone had a nice time. Now I just have to get my act together and write out the Thank You cards.

I'm off to fold a gazillion baskets of laundry...

No comments: