Monday, October 02, 2006

You would think by now, I'd be used to it

I think at some point at least every one of my kids have done it. It always takes me by surprise the first couple of times they do it. I don't know why, but you would think by now I'd be used to it (especially since I've been through this five other times).

This morning, Nicholas yelled "Mommy, Nathan took his diaper off." Off I run. Of course the kid pooped in his diaper before he took it off. He didn't play with his BM, but I just caught him before he leaned up against the couch with his poopy butt. Oh, I hate that!! What is the big deal with taking off the diaper anyway?! Why do they do that?!

Nathan thinks it's hilarious when he takes his off and I start running after him. He laughs and runs around. He probably thinks his mommy is a ding a ling for chasing after him. I thought I had some time before he started taking off his diaper. I think my older kids started doing it around 2. So if he's this early doing this, what other adventures am I in for? Oh boy!

It's funny how much you forget about when your kids get older. Unless you write it down, you'll forget all about the crazy things your kids put you through. And if you are fortunate enough to have more than one child you will relive each moment like it was Groundhog's Day with each child!

Oh the fun, wonderful adventures of being a mom!

1 comment:

TxGambit said...

Yeah I only have three but wow, the all do the same and you would think I would learn.

Too funny!

EJ