Friday, June 27, 2008

The Fridge

So I decided to clean the refrigerator out tonight. It was full of leftovers that became unknown science projects. Yeah, it's been awhile since I tackled the sucker! I think that job ranks up there on my top ten most hated chores. I absolutely hate cleaning out the fridge. Most of the time, I make the girls help me. I clean everything out and wipe down the shelves, Sarah and Amanda have the more nastier jobs of fridge cleaning. Sarah has to dump all the yuck in the garbage can. It's disgusting, but she laughs and has a good time doing so. She will chuckle as food is stuck on the dish as she's chucking it in the garbage and say "ewwwww" about a dozen times. I don't know why it's so funny to her. Although, maybe laughing is her defense mechanism with the smell of old moldy food, LOL! I know this whole thing sounds utterly disgusting. Which is exactly why I put off cleaning it for so long.
Amanda gets the honor of washing all the nasty dishes. She, unlike Sarah will moan and groan at every disgusting thing and smell. Then Anthony gets the lovely job of taking out the full and very smelly garbage.

I really don't know why I put it off for so long. I know that if I would clean it out before it gets bad then it wouldn't be so hard or nasty to clean. But, I'm a major procrastinator and that's just another thing I put off because I don't want to have to deal with it. I really wish I could change this bad habit that I have. I do it with everything. Like last week I got a new cell phone (which is PURPLE by the way - Looove it!), and there is a $50 rebate for it. All I have to do is fill out my name and address, send in the receipt with a code off the box. And do you think I did it? Nope, the whole bag (minus the phone) is sitting on the desk where I dumped it when I got home that day.

I wait until the last minute to do everything. Which might be why I'm always late for everything (another really bad habit). I have always been late. I was even late for my own wedding! Now that's bad. Especially when the time is stamped on the screen. And everyone keeps turning around looking at the door to see if I'm coming. Five whole minutes went by! I'm sure Rich was sweating bullets, not knowing if I was going to show or not LOL! I know there are several ways to change bad habits. I just think I poke around waiting until I absolutely have to get ready. Or maybe it's that I under estimate how long it will take to get ready, or how long it will take to get there. I don't know, but it gets pretty bad when the doctor's office starts writing down your appointment time for 15 minutes before your actual appointment is scheduled.

Maybe next time the fridge starts to get dirty, I'll clean it out. And maybe then I won't be up at 4 in the morning cleaning it. One can only hope!

No comments: