Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Summer To Do List


My list just keeps growing and I don't seem to be making any progress on it. So, I thought maybe if if I wrote it all out here, I could actually get some things done and cross them off one by one. It seems like all we do around here is start one project after another and none of them ever get finished. Here is my list of "to do's" that need to be finished, in no particular order.

*Lay out landscaping fabric and wash the dirt and crap off the rocks for the front yard ---- DONE

*Get Rich to make the flower boxes for my tulip and crocus bulbs

*Finish the front boxes (maybe stain them to match the flower boxes, when he builds them)

*Transplant the bulbs from the tree planter to the flower boxes and weed the rest

*Dismantle the flower ring around our dead tree, so that the tree can be cut down

*Build the flower rings around the other remaining trees (and put the face things on them with the kids)

*Sprinkle Sevin on the garden and weed it again ---- DONE

*Scrape the bathroom window, so that Rich can finish with it ----DONE

*Get Rich to finish the bathroom window

*Go through the kids toys and sort them out (give away, throw away and keep)

*Go through the kids clothes ---- DONE

*Get Anthony to scrape the fish tank glass ----DONE

*Pick a dang color already for the living room

*Paint the livingroom, hallways and entryway

*Paint the shoe bin

*Fill in the holes with dry wall mud and sand it out

*Finish cleaning and organizing the workshop

*Paint the trim in the livingroom, hallways and entryway

*Finish organizing the closets and pantry/storage room

*Plan out Nathan's party and buy the supplies ----DONE


There are many more things, but I can't think of them right now. I'll just have to add them as I think about them and cross them off when I get them done. Now that I see all this in writing, it's no wonder I've been feeling so overwhelmed by it all.

*Something not on the list that Rich did last night was put back the heat/air covers that we took off when he did the floors. Hopefully things will start to get done around here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You need to get an algae eater to clean the fish tank..does a wonderful job! Sounds like you'll be able to check a lot of to do's off your list once you get the gardening/weeding done. Not so overwhelming if you think of it like this! Good Luck!

Mary K Brennan said...

Making a list is the best way to start. When you see it in writing, it's easier to get done.
It's always tough during the summer though. Wouldn't you rather go swimming?
Good Luck.

Kelly said...

that is a pretty ambitious to-do list! good luck! I always like having a list b/c I really enjoy crossing things off of it. :)

Charlene Juliani said...

Hey Kelly! Thanks for stopping by my blog!