Friday, January 15, 2010

Nathan's Mitten Project



Nathan's little craft project today was mittens. We used foam board, glue, little foam heart stickers, pom poms, markers and some yarn and clothes pins to hang them up when he was finished decorating the mittens. *A bit of a warning if you are going to use the pom poms, you have to use a good bit of glue to make them stick and let them dry before you hang them up, because they fall right off if they aren't completely dry.

I traced Nathan's hand to make the mitten shape onto the foam board. And also used the little scraps to make a "cuff" on the mittens, just for extra decoration. Then let his little mind get creative with the decorating. We had fun!








4 comments:

CynthiaK said...

I love those photos! Especially the nose!

You're a good mom to use glue. That's one thing I rarely pull out for my kids to use (unless it's a glue stick). I know. I suck.

Great mittens!

Montessori Moments said...

Happy Saturday sharefest!
Hope you'll visit me back too!
I love the mitten project!

Shiloah Baker said...

That looks like a fun project Love the view from the window with all the snow. So fitting for the project.

Corrie Howe said...

Love the blueberry cheesecake pie, unfortunately my hubby doesn't do cheese. The man was born in Wisconsin????

Great bread attempt and I love the mittens. I made a wreathe out of foamie mittens, it is adorable.