Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Boy, I'm glad I don't have any body issues....

Some fun stuff my kids have said about me this summer.....

Amanda - Your toes are small and weird!

Nathan - You are nice and soft and you smell weird

Amanda - (to her dad as I fell asleep on the couch while watching a movie with her) - what is that noise - God mom snores alot - How do you sleep with her every night?

Sarah - coffee stinks, how do you drink that stuff.  It makes your breath smell too

Anthony - Man, you're short mom, everytime I get in the car to drive my legs hit the steering wheel

Nicholas - You're a big meanie head.

Nicholas - everything is taller than mom

Nathan - Wow you sure have alot of spots (freckles) on your face mom

Sarah - Actually she has freckles everywhere Nathan

Nathan - I'm glad I don't have a bunch of freak-les like Mommy

Zachary - You have really small feet.

9 comments:

Becky Fyfe said...

This really made me smile.

(I have lots of "freak-les" too!)

Emmy said...

Gotta love kids. And I have had a few myself, " what is in your tummy?"- post baby

"mom you stink!"

So yeah, I am right there with you, oh And I have freckles too :)

Aleksandra Nearing said...

Haha, my near-3 year old daughter told me the other day "you sure have a big forehead!"

Aleksandra Nearing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Charlene, I actually cheat when I make pickles, I use Mrs. Wages
Quick Process Dill Pickle mix. All you do is add water and vinegar and bring it to a boil. You can get it at most stores that carry canning jars...super easy!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

I remember saying some not-so-nice things to my mom when I was a kid. Like, when she got new glasses, "I liked the other ones better." I'm sure I was just being honest, but that's gotta sting, just a little! I hope I can add "thick skin" to whatever "observations" my girls are sure to make about me one day! HA!

Eastlyn and co. said...

Just gotta realize that kids are super honest-they just say what's on their little minds without regard for how it makes others feel sometimes. I didn't always have freckles, but my daughter sure hopes they're not hereditary (funny how many people commented on the freckles!). Hope you're enjoying the last weeks of summer vacation. BTW, I'm totally looking for that Mrs. Wages stuff A. Rhodes mentioned above. -Eastlyn
http://eastlynandcompany.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

I laughed!! Thanks for sharing!

Rebecca said...

I laughed!! Thanks for sharing!