Friday, August 27, 2010

Yummy Cupcakes


I was playing around with some ideas on cupcakes and made these strawberry ones.  Strawberry cake, strawberry flavored buttercream frosting and strawberry garnish....Yum! I used Wilton's frosting recipe and substituted the vanilla extract for strawberry extract and then used their icing colors to make it pink.  It's a little more pink than I wanted, but they still came out cute.  And they won the kid tester award...so that made them good in my book.


Wanna take a peek inside my baking cabinet...this is just one of them (I have another one that holds sugar, chocolate chips, marshmallows, nuts, etc.)...This one houses my spices, sprinkles for cupcakes and cookies, icing tips and bags, cupcake liners and more baking supplies.


It's a little blurry, but yes, that second shelf is almost all sprinkles, color mists and icing colors.  And on the bottom to the left is all the cupcake liners...about 15 or so different kinds.  Yep, I'm an addict - I'm already eyeing some cute fall colored liners and sprinkles at the crack candy/cake supply store.

13 comments:

Heather Jones said...

That is a lot of sprinkles!! I love strawberry anything!! LOL


I am following you from Bloggy Moms.
Would love a visit and follow back.

Mommy Only Has Two Hands!

Mel said...

those cupcakes sure do look yummy!

Jackie said...

This looks soooooo good!!! I haven't had or made cupcakes in forever!!

Marshmallow Circus said...

Just found your blog. I'm a mom of six too, with four boys and two girls. :)

The cupcakes look yummy!

Jessica Nunemaker said...

These look SO good! I LOVE cupcakes! Makes me think I need to get into the kitchen today and whip up something sugary. :)

Unknown said...

Your cup cakes look yummy!! Love the ideal of your baking cabinet, great ideal!! Thanks for sharing.
Sandy

Debbiedoos said...

WOW Charlene you really do love to bake...I have never seen a pantry dedicated to baking. Those cupcakes looked delish.

Unknown said...

mmmm wish strawberries looked good in the store yesterday
stopping by from sits!

Jennifer @ The Mommy Mambo said...

Saw your comment of SITS today and my heart goes out to so I came for a visit! My twins started kindegarten last Monday.... :(
It was hard, but this week was easier!
And then you went and posted cupcakes to brighten the day! I love to bake too. My little guy is turning 2 next week and his party is saturday. I'm doing dinosaur cupcakes! Wish me luck!

I joined your site, come see me too!

Nikki said...

Oh my gosh, those strawberry cupcakes look sooooo delicious!

Unknown said...

New follower from SITS! Yummy looking cupcakes, can't wait to try them!

Emmy said...

Those look so cute! You should check ABCdistributing.com. Last year I got my SIL this super cute assorted set of cupcake wrappers for like $5

CardioBunny said...

Those look delicious! Now I'm thinking about going down to my favorite bakery lol.

I'm a new follower from Welcome Wednesday! Stop by and visit me some time at Fabulous n Free. Have a wonderful week :)