Friday, September 03, 2010

Look What I Made

I've seen these display stands all over bloggyland.  There are some really creative people out there.  These looked easy enough to make and to tell the truth, they are additive too.  Once you start making them, you won't want to stop.  You'll want some for every holiday and occasion...I swear!


What you need:  2 plates, a candlestick, super glue and spray paint.  Some people use pretty thrift store plates.  Everyone I've seen used the clear glass candlesticks from the Dollar Tree.  I've seen them left plain (meaning not spray painted) and/or mixed and matched (different patterns and sizes), but I thought they would be prettier if I painted them.  I actually bought my plates at the Dollar Tree.  Mine were 4 for a $1.  So I bought all four, plus the two candlesticks needed.  So, two display stands for 3 bucks, not including the cost of paint or super glue (which we already had). 



First paint the plates and candlesticks (if desired).  When the paint is dry, glue the candlestick to the top of one plate and the bottom of another one - Self-explanatory, Right? 

And Oh So Pretty!


*Just remember that you should use some sort of liner if you painted the plates.  Either cupcake liners or those paper doily things.

12 comments:

Susanne said...

Awesome! I know a project I'm doin! :)

Becky Fyfe said...

Those look great! :) It's fun to make stuff yourself, isn't it?

Unknown said...

Love this simple but useful craft idea!

Kristy K said...

Cute! I could definitely use these at Christmas time!

Eastlyn and co. said...

What a great idea-cute and inexpensive, too. I like the thought of different color themes for the holidays-I'm a sucker for all things Christmas and Hobby Lobby puts their decorative plates and things on sale before the holidays anymore. Thanks for sharing. Do you have to use a special spray paint since food will be served?

Emmy said...

Very cute! And those cupcakes look yummy

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

See what happens when the kids are off to school all day? Mommy gets to get crafty! Those look great. I'm totally going to try that.

Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
www.mawhats4dinner.com

Aleksandra Nearing said...

Good job! Those turned out great!

Charlene Juliani said...

Eastlyn, No I didn't use any special paint. That's why you need to use those paper doiles or even napkins when you are serving food on them.

Charlene Juliani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.pi7.ru/foto/1531-populyarnye-foto-prikoly-18-foto.html ]постоянные кошмары!!!!!! [/url]
Говорят надо зарабатывать на свем хобби, и тогда будет возлюбленная работа. Удалось ли вам это? Какое у вас хобби? Основной ли доход или же подработка?

Unknown said...

I saw these at a craft fair and thought they were adorable. How simple and cute you can make, these could be a great xmas present for the mom in law!!! Thanks for resharing.....