Sunday, March 06, 2011

my kitchen so far.....

Here some "Before" pics (keep in mind these pics are five years old, but it pretty much looked the same until we started redecorating).


Everything was dark


Appliances were old and white



Light fixtures were fugly


Old vinyl vertical blinds


Here are some "During" pics.....We still have ALOT of work to do (new counters, prime and paint, wainscotting, chair rail, floor trim, etc, etc.)  But it's getting there....slowly but surely







The bottom wallpaper (green and white stripes) is going to be covered with board bead wainscotting and the chair rail will go back up.  The upper part of the wall will be painted gray...Pebble Gray (a medium - light gray color)




The patio doors will be painted white too.  You can see that I still have alittle bit of wallpaper here and there to scrape off.  It's alot of work.  But it's getting there (like I said - slowly but surely hahah).


But you can see a huge difference so far, can't you?

7 comments:

Sofia said...

It starting to look so much better...so bright!! I can't wait to see the final look! ;)

Love the fridge...

Sofia
From PDX with Love

Adriana Iris said...

WOW...And light was created...lol
Love it I need to be inspire.

Unknown said...

It is coming along great! You are doing an awesome job. Love the appliances. Can't wait to see it all done!

Aimee said...

That is a HUGE transformation Char! Beautiful...I too can't wait to see the final project!

Emmy said...

Looking so good! And yes a lot of work.

Anonymous said...

Very clean and cute! How much of a pain was painting those cabinets white? I'm thinking of painting mine...covering black!

Eek. Good job!

My ABC Soup

Helene said...

OMG, wow, what a huge difference!! It looks so bright and cheery now!

I giggled when I saw the word "fugly". My sister and I still call each that as a loving term of endearment, athough we've since shortened it to "fug". Nice, huh?