Saturday, May 14, 2011

I think I'm Overdue for a Rant...

I'm tired. 

I'm tired of all the water problems we've been having.  About a month ago, we received a notice that our water was contaminated, we had to boil it for drinking, cooking, etc.  It was a huge pain in the butt, especially when you have a large family.  Imagine having to boil water to wash dishes for eight people at least twice a day....Not fun!

That problem has since been resolved, but in the meantime, our hot water tank died.....so it's back to boiling water again.  Not because of contamination, but because we still need hot water for washing dishes and bathing.  Another pain in the butt.  Today, I'm waiting for the water heater guy to come and install a new one.  I haven't even gotten a phone call yet (it's 1 p.m. by the way) to let me know when they are coming.  I'm tired of waiting.....

I'm tired of not having a kitchen table or chairs....they were taken apart and were being painted.  Then there was an emergency or family problem with the person who was painting them....I'm NOT upset by that...that's understandable.  I'm just tired of the kids taking their dinner plates all over the house, because they are looking for a place to sit and eat and then NOT bringing their plates and stuff back to the kitchen when they are done.  I'm tired of finding crusty plates of crap and cups of spoiled milk all over the house.  It would be different if they would simply bring their plates, bowls, utensils, cups, etc. back to the kitchen and put them in the sink.  That stuff is easily contained when they eat at the table....By the way, I'm also tired of walking around a bunch of table parts in the kitchen and chairs in my bedroom.  The chaos is making me insane!

I'm tired of my kids fighting  All.The.Time....it never ends.  And it's always the same ones fighting too.  They fight over clothes...they fight over who sits where...they fight over games....they fight over tvs (which we have four of by the way)....they fight over who plays on what computer or what wii or what controller or whatever....And it's not even summer yet! I think it's "the end of the year, school's almost over, sick of the rain" kind of thing. 

I'm tired of the little boys running around in said rain...they run outside and splash through the puddles, come inside change their clothes and run back out again.  I find puddles of dirty, wet clothes everywhere.  And having to wash all those clothes is making me just as crazy.  Just when I think I'm almost caught up...someone decides it would be a great idea to clean their room and instead of sorting through all the clothes on the floor, they just swoop them all up and toss the whole lot of them in the laundry room.  It's like trying to climb a mountain and sliding back down to the bottom and having to climb it all over again...it never ends....Ever!

I think I'm just tired...of being tired.  Of running myself ragged doing everything and no one ever thanking me.  I mean sure they thank me for the little things, like making dinner and stuff like that....and I realize that being a mom is sort of a "thankless job" but sometimes it makes me feel invisible or something.  Not sure how to explain it, but I think any woman in the world can relate to what I'm saying, at least at some point in their lives.  It's not like I need acknowledgement all the time, but going unnoticed all the time, isn't fun either.  That's life I guess.....time to pull those big girl panties up and deal with it, eh? Maybe I just need a little day to myself...I never do that.  Maybe if I did, I wouldn't be wound up and frustrated so much.  Who knows.

Ok, pity party rant over now....back to reality

3 comments:

Lori said...

I think that was a well deserved rant! I only have two boys and they drive me crazy half the time!! Kudos to you for all yo do! Thanks for stopping by head above water. Can't wait to see your finished kitchen!

Aimee said...

Huge advocate of me days...don't do them as often as I should but darn they feel good when I can squeeze one in! Do it Char, no one deserves it more!
A

Denise said...

I found your blog from another blog I follow. I am now following your blog too. You see, I am an identical twin myself. I will enjoy reading what you write about your twins, as well as what your thoughts are as the mother of twins. I hope you will follow me back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com