Friday, November 04, 2011

Addictions

I have an addictive personality....I swear.

Once I get into something, I just can't seem to stop myself.

Hence the reason behind the 50 plus cupcake liners

the 30 something cookie cutters

the cupboard full of nothing but baking supplies

sprinkles

jimmies

colored sugars

the drawers full of ribbon

jars of buttons

the sewing basket full of thread .

the storage box of milk glass vases

cupboard shelves stacked with cake stands

a pantry closet used as a craft closet full of....

markers

glitter

crayons

paper

yarn

glue

paints


Once I take on a new hobby I just buy - buy - buy.

I come by it naturally though....my father was a hoarder.

when he died it took years to clean out his garage.

it was full of stuff

His stuff.

Once he took on a new hobby he bought - bought- bought

stuff.

fishing lures, poles, reels, random boat parts

screw driver sets, wrenches, drills

rifles, pistols, bullets, scopes.

I try not to go overboard

I swear this must be why Rich gives me cash when I go craft and thrift store shopping.

Although, sometimes I admit to sneaking a few things on the credit cards (he knows, since he pays them).

He usually doesn't mind when I do these things

as long as I control the mess of all the stuff

and as long as I'm happily

sewing

baking

crafting

and keeping our kids happy with

goodies

art

and games.

Occasionally, he'll call me out.

But most of the time, I think he just likes seeing me happy and domestic.



Jenny Matlock

8 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I can relate!! I get a bit like that myself. I guess it's not the 'worst' addiction. heehee!!

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

If the results are happening, I say all for a good cause.
I'd love to have your craft cupboard!
Dana

anitamombanita said...

you could do a lot worse!!

Splendid Little Stars said...

aaahhh...but all those wonderful memories you're making! It's so worth it, don't you think?!

Annesphamily said...

I am trying to downsize and clean the garage to move the cars into it! I understand! Great post!

Helene said...

It's all about your happiness and I think he realizes that!!!

Plus, just think of all the happy memories your kids will have of the crafts and recipes you've made together over the years! It's worth every penny spent, IMO!

Emmy said...

And you are amazing at creating and crafting!

Jenny said...

I have this same addiction. I kept nodding my head as I read this and realized...hey, it's not a true addiction if someone else shares it - ha!

Thanks for a really cute (and quite true) link to Alphabe-Thursday's letter A.

Thank you for sharing this adorableness!

A+