Sunday, January 01, 2012

looking back....

Goodbye 2011.

Hello 2012.

2011 has been quite a year...can't say it's been the best year.

I was sick
had surgery
twice.
dealt with a lot of health issues and pain

but, it certainly hasn't been the worst either.

picked up a new hobby
sewing!!

made pillows
buntings
aprons
pajama pants

made my own wreaths...
with candy
and rags
and pines

discovered new recipes...
chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes
banana pudding cupcakes
red, white and blue cupcakes

repurposed many things...
a brass lamp
old picture frames
candle sticks
coffee tables
mirrors
entertainment center

redecorated my house...
painted kitchen cabinets
kitchen table and chairs
painted bedrooms
painted kitchen
made a gallery of my children's art

supported the kids many endeavors...
volleyball
wrestling
baseball
band concerts
rides to and from jobs

watched my oldest child...
graduate high school
move to college
win scholarships
play on a local game show
total her first car

made some changes on my blog...
was a finalist on CBS's Pittsburgh's best blogs
was featured on some great blogs
did some new moms that blog interviews
cohosted my first big blog party
had some fun with giveaways
did some reviews
gaveaway a few aprons that I handmade
started a new link party

made some life changes...
welcomed a new nephew
quit my job of 8 years
decided nursing wasn't for me, but....
teaching children was
applied for college

Here's to a new and hopefully fun, fabulous year!!

Happy New Year to all of you.....





1 comment:

Jackie Higgins said...

wow! I can't believe your just picked up sewing last year. Your stuff is cute.