Friday, August 17, 2012

temptations

Well, today wraps up four whole months on Nutrisystem


 
 I can't believe it's been four months!

I've lost a total of 20 pounds so far and I'm happy with that (I still have to lose 40 more to reach my goal).  Sure it would be nice to have lost some more, but I know that any loss is a loss and it should be celebrated.  This is not a race, it's a journey and a life lesson.  And I'm learning alot.

For example, I recently went to my college registration and had to eat lunch there on campus at their cafe.  In a sea of temptation of cheeseburgers, fries, pizza and more...I ate a salad and a bowl of broth based soup - Italian wedding style.  I happily ate my salad (with the dressing on the side, btw) while all around me, I watched people parading past with plates loaded high with pasta, meatballs, bread, stuffed chicken breasts smothered in gravy and more.  I watched people walking back and forth getting more plates and then topping it off with sweet goodies from the dessert stand and sundae bar all the while washing it down with glasses of cola and sweet tea.  Some of these people were overweight, others were not.  I wasn't judging anyone, just trying to make the right choices for me.

In the past, I would have eaten far more than I should have and I would have walked away feeling way too full.  And I probably would have felt miserable, not just physically, but emotionally as well.  This time however, I was completely satisfied with my salad and soup.  I drank my water and I was full, but in a good way.  I'm learning that I can make healthy choices and be satisfied with a salad instead of overloading on junk and bad carbs.  I have learned that proper portion sizes are a major key to losing weight as well.  Sure, I will tempted to make bad choices and I will give in once in a while too....but I also realize that those kinds of foods don't really satisfy me, so I think to myself, why even bother.  And when I do give in on a rare occasion, they usually end up tasting crappy anyway.

I'm also learning that sometimes lots of exercise, means injuries can happen.   I'm not sure what I did, but I hurt my knee somehow, cause it hurts like a bugger.  I didn't exercise for a week.  I also didn't feel very well, which means I didn't eat the right amount of food.  No cheating, just not drinking enough water or eating all the food that I'm supposed to - when you don't eat enough food, your body starts to go into starvation mode, which sounds like a great idea, doesn't it? But it's not.  Your body freaks out from it...not the technical terminology (haha) and you gain weight instead of losing it.  So you always want to make sure you are eating enough to sustain your body, it's all about balancing good nutritious food, proper portions and exercise.

At any rate, because I didn't exercise or eat properly, I didn't lose any weight this week.  I didn't gain anything either, which is a good thing.  I stayed at 160, like I said, it's a slow process, but losing it slowly just means I'll have a better chance of keeping it off.




  • 4/27/12 - 180 (starting weight)
  • 5/04/12 - 175 (week one)
  • 5/11/12 - 174 (week two)
  • 5/18/12 - 172 (week three)
  • 5/25/12 - 170 (week four)
  • 6/01/12 - 169 (week five)
  • 6/08/12 - 169 (week six)
  • 6/15/12 - 168 (week seven)
  • 6/22/12 - 166 (week eight)
  • 6/29/12 - 166 (week nine)
  • 7/06/12 - 166 (week ten)
  • 7/13/12 - 164 (week eleven)
  • 7/20/12 - 164 (week twelve)
  • 7/27/12 - 165 (week thirteen)
  • 8/03/12 - 163 (week fourteen)
  • 8/10/12 - 160 (week fifteen)
  • 8/17/12 - 160 (week sixteen)



  • Do you want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog




    *Disclosure ~ I am receiving access to the website and food in exchange for reviewing the diet plan. All opinions herein are my own and not influenced by Nutrisystem.