Friday, October 19, 2012

slowly, but surely

Today wraps up my 25th week on Nutrisystem.
 
 
 
I feel like my life is turning into the little engine that could, or perhaps the story of the tortoise and the hare.  I have always, always, always given up on hard things in life.  Every time I hit a road block or stumbled along the way, I would flat out quit.
 
There I admit it...I used to be a quitter!
 
but, everyone can change, including me.
 
I don't quit anything anymore...I just keep plowing through it.
 
with this weight loss (and with my school work), there have been plenty of times that I wanted to throw in the towel and just give up.
 
I think, to be honest, there are a few things that are keeping me motivated.
 
first and foremost is the health benefits.  Despite having a cold due to the recent weather change, I feel great.  In fact, I haven't felt this great in years.  It's such an awesome feeling.
 
secondly, I feel fantastic - inside and out....this weight loss (and college) has done wonders to boost my self-esteem.
 
thirdly, my family keeps me going...when I want to give up because I'm having a bad day and all I want to do is crawl into bed with a bunch of crappy junk food and watch tv, my family says let's go for a walk Mom and that little bit of exercise and family time helps push me through all the negative forces that surround me.
 
and finally, Nutrisystem keeps me motivated.  Seriously, if I wasn't working with them by writing this weekly blog, I would have given up long ago.  But, because I'm working with them to lose weight and I'm sharing all the details with you, I want to do a great job....and that keeps me going. 
 
 I don't like it when I have to write that I didn't lose weight this or that week.   Even though I know it's perfectly acceptable to not lose weight or even gain a pound here or there, I still don't like it.  I want to promote great things and to keep motivating people to not give up and to lose weight.  So I feel bad when I don't lose.  Although, I know it's natural, it doesn't mean I have to like it.
 
That's what keeps me going.
 
I know there are many bloggers working with Nutrisytem (men, women, married couples, etc.), we all have different writing styles, different experiences...some of us work out every day and lose weight faster, some of us have more weight to lose than others, or have health problems that they are overcoming, some of us like to share our favorite foods, some of us share our experiences, some of us do both.  All of us are working on making our lives healthier for ourselves and for our families...and I'm sure all of us will be eternally grateful for this opportunity.
 
I think knowing that I'm not doing this alone has been awesome.
 
Sure, I could look at the situation and read everyone's experiences and get upset because there are others that are losing it faster or what not.  But for me, just knowing that I'm not alone in this journey, that there are others out there (bloggers or otherwise) that keeps me going.  I love reading the discussion boards on Nutrisystem's website.  I love reading their facebook comments and seeing others interacting and sharing recipes, exercise tips, etc.  I love when I have a question that I can just toss out there in cyber space and someone will answer me.  I love when I'm feeling down, how someone will come along and pick me up.
 
Support is an awesome thing! So please remember when someone you love and care about is trying to lose weight....lift them up.  Don't put them down.  If they fall or fail and need a hand, extend that hand.  Offer to go for a walk, offer to lend an ear for them to talk, a shoulder to cry on.  Everyone in life needs someone or something to motivate them...maybe that someone is you.
 
 
 
 
My Stats
  • 04/27/12 - 180 (starting weight)
  • 05/04/12 - 175 (week one)
  • 05/11/12 - 174 (week two)
  • 05/18/12 - 172 (week three)
  • 05/25/12 - 170 (week four)
  • 06/01/12 - 169 (week five)
  • 06/08/12 - 169 (week six)
  • 06/15/12 - 168 (week seven)
  • 06/22/12 - 166 (week eight)
  • 06/29/12 - 166 (week nine)
  • 07/06/12 - 166 (week ten)
  • 07/13/12 - 164 (week eleven)
  • 07/20/12 - 164 (week twelve)
  • 07/27/12 - 165 (week thirteen)
  • 08/03/12 - 163 (week fourteen)
  • 08/10/12 - 160 (week fifteen)
  • 08/17/12 - 160 (week sixteen)
  • 08/24/12 - 160 (week seventeen)
  • 08/31/12 - 159 (week eighteen)
  • 09/07/12 - 159 (week nineteen)
  • 09/14/12 - 157 (week twenty)
  • 09/21/12 - 155 (week twenty one)
  • 09/28/12 - 155 (week twenty two)
  • 10/03/12 - 155 (week twenty three)
  • 10/12/12 - 154 (week twenty four)
  • 10/19/12 - 153 (week twenty five)

    Do you want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog


    *Disclosure ~ I am receiving access to the website and food in exchange for reviewing the diet plan. All opinions herein are my own and were not influenced by Nutrisystem.
  •  
     
     
     
     
     


    1 comment:

    Kristy K said...

    You're awesome Char! I've been following your journey since the beginning. With six kids, a busy house, and now school on top of all that, your determination inspires me! Keep up the good work girlie!