Friday, December 14, 2012

Nutrisystem #33

Today wraps up my 33rd week on Nutrisystem!
 
 
Last week, I got asked a lot of questions.
 
Mostly from people wanting to try or start Nutrisystem
and some from people just wanting to lose a few pounds on their own.
 
I never, ever, ever would have thought that I would have such a huge impact on people wanting to lose weight....I've had people tell me that I have inspired them to get healthy or to seek help and I can't tell you how awesome that makes me feel.
 
I also had a lot of people messaging me and telling me that I look fantastic, not just physically, but that they can see how drastically I changed in other ways too.
 
I feel like I'm walking on sunshine...It truly feels amazing to feel this way and I sincerely hope that everyone can feel how wonderful this feeling is.
 
 
Let's flashback a bit, shall we.
 
more than 8 months ago, I was miserable....completely and utterly miserable
yeah I put on a good front and threw a smile in the right places, but I was in such a sad state.  My physical health and well being rolled into everything that I did.
 
I felt like I was being held together with glue and coming apart at the seams.
 
I had quit the job that I hated.  I was getting ready to embark on a new life by becoming a college student.  My oldest child was moving into her very own first apartment, my second oldest child was graduating high school, I was turning 40 and thinking that I had wasted my life being unhappy and fat and having not accomplished anything in life, I was a mental basket case...my little world was changing.
 
On top of that, I was in physical pain.  That job that I hated was a very physical job, not to mention an emotional one as well.  It is not easy caring for others...those last few months at work, just confirmed how much I wanted out of the health care business....that is just not for me.  I was dealing with my asthma getting worse, I had pain in places I didn't know existed, my heart and lungs were working overtime and my poor knees were suffering from carrying around such a load.
 
Due to all the underlying stress and pain I was in, I had become this really mean, nasty person.  I would scream at Rich and the kids for no reason.  I was hurting and felt like no one could hear me.  It was nothing that they did, it was all me....and I just didn't know how to deal with it, so I screamed.
 
 
Then, Nutrisystem came along....it was like life had finally thrown me a bone.
 
This semester at school one of my professors had us make a timeline of our lives (just pick some important dates and share them with the class)...most of the class picked the day they were born and graduated high school, etc.  I picked the date I got married, the dates each of my children were born and the day I started Nutrisystem.  I changed my life that day...I chose ME.  I chose to save myself from more years of suffering and sadness and anger and frustration.  I chose to be happy.
 
I didn't start Nutrisystem to be skinny or hot, or because my husband and family wanted me to lose weight.  Or because I wanted to be happy and thought that being thin would make me happy.
 
 
I chose to do this for ME and me alone
I chose to get healthy for me
I chose to get off the merry go round that kept spinning the same path over and over again.
 
I can't say that this roller coaster that I've been riding for months hasn't always been fun...there are days where I put my hands up and lean into the curves and scream for joy down the hills....and there are days where I want it to stop and let me off.
 
But I can say, that this incredible journey that I have been taking has been worth every single minute!
every ounce of sweat
every tear I wept
every goody I denied
every mile that I walked
 
has been totally worth it....and you know what?
I would do it all over again in a heartbeat, just to feel the way that I do now.
 
This incredible joyful feeling that life has given me a second chance.
 
a second chance at life
at happiness
at finding me
 
My husband and children finally have the wife and mother that they deserve (or married).
My husband deserved to have a healthy wife...he didn't choose to raise six children on his own...he chose to have a partner and he was worried that with my health the way it was, that he would lose his partner, his lover, his friend.
 
My weight never mattered to him...It wasn't about the number on the scale to him.  It was about laying in bed at night and hearing me struggling to breath, it was about seeing me crying in pain - physically and emotionally.  He loved me through it and he will continue to do so.
 
My weight never mattered to my children.  They loved me for being me....the goofy, silly mom that made them treats and did crafts and read stories and rocked them to sleep.  But they also longed for me to be happy...to play with them physically...to stop sitting on the sidelines and join them when they played.
 
The day I chose to get healthy is the day I chose to live.
 
 
You too, can choose happiness and health.
 
I love Nutrisystem, it saved me and it could do the same for you.
 
You just have to believe.
Believe that you CAN do it.
It won't always be easy and you will struggle at times, but you know what....You won't EVER regret it.
I can guarantee it.
 
So, if you are looking to lose weight....reach out and get help. 
There is no reason that you have to do this alone.
Stop making excuses.
Stop waiting for next week or the beginning of the year.
Start Now!
 
Don't waste any more time sitting on the sidelines letting life pass you by!
 
 
 
*********
My Stats

  • 04/27/12 - 180 (starting weight)
  • 05/04/12 - 175 (week one)
  • 05/11/12 - 174 (week two)
  • 05/18/12 - 172 (week three)
  • 05/25/12 - 170 (week four)
  • 06/01/12 - 169 (week five)
  • 06/08/12 - 169 (week six)
  • 06/15/12 - 168 (week seven)
  • 06/22/12 - 166 (week eight)
  • 06/29/12 - 166 (week nine)
  • 07/06/12 - 166 (week ten)
  • 07/13/12 - 164 (week eleven)
  • 07/20/12 - 164 (week twelve)
  • 07/27/12 - 165 (week thirteen)
  • 08/03/12 - 163 (week fourteen)
  • 08/10/12 - 160 (week fifteen)
  • 08/17/12 - 160 (week sixteen)
  • 08/24/12 - 160 (week seventeen)
  • 08/31/12 - 159 (week eighteen)
  • 09/07/12 - 159 (week nineteen)
  • 09/14/12 - 157 (week twenty)
  • 09/21/12 - 155 (week twenty one)
  • 09/28/12 - 155 (week twenty two)
  • 10/03/12 - 155 (week twenty three)
  • 10/12/12 - 154 (week twenty four)
  • 10/19/12 - 153 (week twenty five)
  • 10/26/12 - 153 (week twenty six)
  • 11/02/12 - 152 (week twenty seven)
  • 11/09/12 - 152 (week twenty eight)
  • 11/16/12 - 151 (week twenty nine)
  • 11/23/12 - 150 (week thirty)
  • 11/30/12 - 150 (week thirty one)
  • 12/07/12 - 150 (week thirty two)
  • 12/14/12 - 149 (week thirty three)




  • Do you want to get healthy and lose weight on Nutrisystem too? - Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog
     
     
    *Disclosure ~ I am receiving access to the website and food in exchange for reviewing the diet plan. All opinions herein are my own and were not influenced by Nutrisystem.
    

    No comments: