Saturday, June 29, 2013

International Mud Day ~ June 29

So, today is International Mud Day
 
 
 
The idea is to encourage kids and adults alike to get out and play...specifically with mud.
 
Well...I couldn't let the day go by without celebrating in some form or another.  
Although there was no way I was going to play in the mud. 
I mean, I haven't done that since I was a kid. 
But, I realize that I'm not just a mother, but a mother of boys...and they LOVE mud.
 
So, I celebrated Mud Day my own way.
 
By making Chocolate Playdough and Mississippi Mud Cookies
 
 
Chocolate Playdough
 
10 oz bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup light corn syrup
 
Pour chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for a minute on high.
Stir the chocolate and microwave for another minute or until the chocolate is melted.
Stir in the corn syrup
Spread the mixture out on a sheet of waxed paper.
Let the chocolate set overnight.  It gets stiff and pliable.
 
Have fun!
 
 
when you are done playing, you get to eat a yummy treat.
 
It actually tastes like a tootsie roll.
 
 
 
Mississippi Mud Cookies
(recipe can be found here)
 
 
 
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup of sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup of mini marshmallows


Microwave semisweet chocolate morsels in a small microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH 1 minute or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds.
 
Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
 
Beat in vanilla and melted chocolate.
 
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, beating until well blended.
 
Stir in chopped pecans and 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels.
 
Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
 
Press 3 marshmallows into each portion of dough.  
 
Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until set.
 
 
 These were delish!

How did you spend your "muddy" day....I think I might have rather enjoyed a "mud mask" at a spa, but, eh...you take what you can get, I suppose ;)


*Please don't forget to follow this blog on Bloglovin' or like us on facebook since our beloved Google Reader will be going away very, very soon.
 


No comments: