Monday, March 17, 2014

motivation mondays.....

hi folks....

today i want to talk to you about exercise.

exercise is a component to weight loss

you can eat right and lose some weight, but you need to exercise

sorry, i know a lot of people are looking for an easy way out, but there really is no easy way out.
you simply have to incorporate some exercise to your program to get long lasting results.

that said, i have heard so many people come up with so many excuses.
i think we all spend more time coming up with excuses than the time it would actually take to exercise....think about it.


how much energy do you use coming up with an excuse to get out of exercise, when all you really need to do is get your butt off the couch.

when i first started my weight loss program, i thought of all those excuses too.

I'm too tired
it takes too long
i don't have a gym nearby
i don't like going to the gym
i don't want anyone to see me
i feel funny
now it's too dark outside
i don't have the right equipment

blah blah blah....

stop making up excuses and get up!

I'm sure some of you will remember me sharing how i first started.
i could barely walk up a flight of stairs without huffing and puffing.
so, i set a timer in my kitchen
i set it for 10 minutes
and i walked right there in place (or marched) in my kitchen.

when the timer went off i walked away and did something else, but i always managed to go back until i had put in 30 mins total (10 mins at a time) of just walking in place in my kitchen.


sure, i felt silly
my kids would look at me like i was nuts
the dog would bark and run circles around me

but i kept at it.

eventually i worked my way up to 30 mins at a time and then i went outside.

i can tell you that i still struggle sometimes with excuses...who doesn't
but then again, who doesn't have an extra 30 mins in their day.

30 mins
that's all you need.

i will tell you this, despite all my excuses and struggles...i always come to realize that when I'm done walking or running, that i feel fabulous.

those endorphins are marvelous little things.
they really do make you feel good

the real key though is finding something you really enjoy
something active and fun
something that you know you will love to do and won't want to stop

whether it's dancing in the living room with your kids
running track
zumba classes
or
walking
find something active and just get out there and do it

heck, try a little bit of everything and find out which one you enjoy more
and then just get up and move.

trust me your body will thank you for it.


No comments: